Monday 12 March 2012

Yummy!

Last week we had a Sunday roast at a friend's house and the girls of the house did the cooking so this time The Boy and I cooked the roast and (my speciality) dessert.

The Boy did most of the work on the roast (with help from his friend) and I helped with some peeling.

UPDATE: I got permission to show this picture of The Boy and the friend who cooked with us:

Obviously potatoes are very interesting.

For dessert we decided that I would be baking a pie so I went for an apple and mixed berry pie - Granny Smith apples and a tin of mixed berries.  Since I had my camera, The Boy insisted on taking a photo of me chopping apples:


It was quite funny, when I was checking what I needed to take with me, I was asking Boy and it ended up that I had to take my scales my Mum donated to me and then when I got there and there was no mixing bowl I had to use a pan and a pyrex dish to mix.


I think the above picture looks a bit gruesome but it did taste great - honest!


I do like making pie - they all loved it and it was the most people I've baked for - 5 (I actually managed to cut the pie into 5 pieces and they were surprisingly even).

It makes me wish I had more time for baking!

5 comments:

  1. Ooooh! I do love a good pie. It made me chuckle that the Boy had to take a photograph of you chopping the apples...Bless him. I think I might have only got two slices out of that pie! You were very good sharing it between five.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well after the roast we were all quite full so it was just enough. With custard of course! :D x

      Delete
  2. Ha ha, glad you got permission for the new photograph. I am sure there is a national library of potatoes for the 'really interested'. Looks like you have the next generation of 'Hairy Bikers' there, with a good manager they could make a fortune :) lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can bake me a pie any time - it looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, and thank you for stopping by and following my blog. That pie looks yummy sounds like you had a great day. Love the little robert further down your page. Pop over again sometime it would be nice to see you. Enjoy the rest of your week, dee x

    ReplyDelete