Thursday 4 October 2012

Woolly Hibernation!

I've noticed recently that I've been doing a  lot more knitting than crochet.  This is quite weird for me as I've always considered knitting to be the one I am not as good at and often avoided doing if possible.  Lately, however, I've discovered how easy and versatile knitting can be and I just can't stop knitting!

It has mostly been using chunky wool so maybe this is my version of going into hibernation - by burying myself under a chunky-woollen garment.  Right now I'm sat knitting myself a cowl in a lovely burgundy colour using circular needles (knitting on circular needles always seemed so difficult).


The pattern I'm using is Simple Ribbed Cowl by Orange Flower and it is such a simple pattern but the result looks amazing.  I don't know if you can see the ribbing in the photo but it is more visible on the inside.  The colour of the yarn isn't as dark as the photo shows but it was taken on a phone rather than with my camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment