Thursday 14 March 2013

This Week (and Happy Pi Day)

This week has been hectic due to a coursework deadline (today) but I'm glad that is out of the way.  I more essay for next week then I finish uni for 3 weeks of Easter.

Last Saturday was my Mum's birthday so we went out for a nice meal together just me, Mum and Dad.  Although I have not had much time to crochet recently, with uni work and revision, I decided that Mum needed a little crocheted present so I made her some daffodils after seeing the pattern on Attic24 only a few days earlier.




They turned out really well and Mum was pleased as she loves daffs.

Daffodils:
Here is the fun birthday card I made for Mum:


The rest of the week has pretty much been spent on the coursework but I did get a chance to make something that has been in my head to make for a while.  I'm sure by now you all know me to be silly, well, I loved my stripey granny bag so much that I decided my teddy bear needed the matching one - you agree it makes sense?  Anyway she looks great.



Stripey Bag for Teddy:

Last weekend I also realised I had enough scrap cut-offs of yarn to make something I saw on Pinterest a long time ago - this yarn bowl.  It turns out that one jam jar full of scraps is enough to make one the size of my fruit bowl.  I love how simple it is to make - yarn + paper mache paste (flour+water).



The worst bit was waiting for it to dry - I just wanted to use it! 

And finally, to link to the second part of the title.  Today's date the American way is 3/14 so it is known as Pi day.  I have been waiting for an excuse to make a crocheted Pi and decided that today would be perfect.



Amigurumi Pi:
FO’s 2013 = 14+3 =17
WIP’s = 10
Queued = 12 +1 = 13

2 comments:

  1. I love the mini granny square bag - and I don't think it is silly.

    ReplyDelete