Wednesday 12 June 2013

My Best Friend's Birthday

Last Saturday was my best friend's birthday and so I went and visited him.  We spend the day wandering outside in the sunshine, watching films, playing darts, and eating cake.  I managed to win at darts - despite being out of practice - by hitting the bullseye twice:


For his present I decided to crochet a pattern I've had my eye on for a while - 'Fierce Little Dragon' by Lucy Ravenscar as we both play an online fantasy game called Legend of the Green Dragon.




I love how the dragon turned out - think I may have to make myself one at some point!

I also bought him some jelly beans as they are his favourite sweets and I crocheted a bag to put them in to make it a bit special:


The bag is a free pattern called 'Crocheted Treasure Bag' by Erin Kortering.

For my best friend's card, I was inspired by a geometric block card but instead of all squares I decided to change 2 of the blocks to be iconic images from the artwork of Magritte, as we went to a Magritte exhibition together a long time ago.  


I'm pleased to report that my best friend loved his presents and card.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, these are fabulous makes. I especially love the Dragon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your friend is very lucky indeed I am sure he won't mind you beat him at darts. :)

    ReplyDelete