Thursday 18 July 2013

Exploring A New City

I mentioned here a few months ago that I had received a job offer to work in Sheffield starting in September.  Since I came back from holiday, I've been searching for somewhere to live and have visited Sheffield twice.

I have to say it is a lovely city (which is a relief!) and I am starting to know my way around.  Here are a few photos that show-off the city nicely:

Nice Buildings and Open Spaces...

...Tonnes of Theatres...

...and lots of beautiful parks

Even better news is that I have signed for a flat!  Rob and I visited Sheffield at the start of this week to view flats.  Two viewings were cancelled while we were there but we still got to see 3 different flats and agreed on a favourite.

Anyway tomorrow is a big day for me and Rob as it is our graduation.  I can't believe 4 years of university have flown by so quickly.  The ceremony is at the same concert hall that Rob and I saw Al Murray at (The Liverpool Philharmonic) and my family have seats in one of the boxes

No comments:

Post a Comment