Sunday 18 January 2015

The Zoo Story and my knitting week

On Friday I went to see a play called The Zoo Story.  It was a performance by an amateur theatre group - the Without Walls Theatre Company.


Before seeing the play I wasn't sure what to expect - from the summary on Wikipedia it sounded a bit weird but it was a great performance and I really enjoyed it.

This week I managed to finish the hat KAL for the Bankhead hat pattern - it's so quick to make and could prove quite addictive.



Ravelry project page here

I've also made lots of progress on my second sock - due to a conversation with a friend about Studio Ghibli films (mostly Spirited Away) that led us both to start a weekend film binge.  Yesterday I watched The Wind Rises, Howl's Moving Castle, and The Cat Returns so today I will watch Kiki's Delivery Service, The Castle of Cagliostro, Spirited Away, and My Neighbour Totoro (which is my favourite).  Anyway, this gave me plenty of time to knit my socks


I've just got to knit the foot now - about 30 rows before I decrease for the toe.  Ravelry project page here.

And just because my weekend would be boring without playing with the hamsters (who are sleeping as usual at the moment) here is a photo of them eating raspberry pieces.

1 comment:

  1. Say hello to the hamsters for me. Glad you're having a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete